Last updated: August 30, 2013
Effective: August 31, 2013
We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by Southern Rubber Works Sdn Bhd. to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
Collection of Personal Information
You can visit the Site and browse anonymously without having to provide personal details/register. At no time can we identify you unless you have an account on the Site and log on with your user name and password.
For registed users, we will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
When you create a PALLAS account the personal information we collect may include the following:
- Email Address
- Mobile/Telephone/Fax Number
- Delivery Address
- Date of Birth
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- Help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- Help us create content that is most relevant to you.
- Alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
- Process your orders, deliver the products you have purchased from our Site
- Update you on the delivery of the product or for customer support purposes
- Administer your account with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from our website
Payments that you make through the Site will be processed by our agent -----. You must only submit to us or our Agent or the Site information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of any changes.
Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons cannot be retrieved directly by us. However, you may access this information by logging into your account on the Site. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those which are open and those which are shortly to be dispatched and administer your address details, bank details and any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorised third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault.
At any point in time you can (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) change your password; (c) modify address book (d) modify wish list; and/or (e)unsubscribe newsletter; after logging on to the Site.
Security of Your Personal Information
PALLAS ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information confidentiality by:
- Administrative procedures that restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
PALLAS uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information.
Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit the Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell, share, rent or trade customers personal information or financial information collected online with third parties other than affiliates of the Site.
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies, sister companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from our Site. In exceptional circumstances PALLAS may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes. PALLAS is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the National Privacy principles.
When you register as a user on the Site, we will only use your relevant personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials from time to time. If relevant, personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and sister companies for internal use only or to send relevant marketing materials to you. You can unsubscribe from marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material or from the Site.
As do most internet retailers, information will be disclosed to the following service providers or circumstances:
- For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information with third parties (such as the Pos Malaysia, Ta-Q-Bin & ) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, your credit card number will be submitted to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by PALLAS please contact us at and we will resolve the issue.
If you have any suggestions/comments or complaints regarding any unsatisfactory handling of your enquiry, we would be pleased to receive them at our address or by emailing us here.
PALLAS reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.